Friday, March 13, 2009
Elijah has been tucking in his stuffed animals in his drawers. I don't know if it is so that he does not see them at night so he doesn't get scared or if he just thought it was funny to put them there. Never the less every time I put his clothes away I am greeted by a stuffed toy. The joys...
I dressed Ady up so she could show how cute she is with her knew shape. Dr. Sargent came in with his resident, a nurse, and Terry, from craniofacial center. Dr. Sargent looked over her head, felt skull, looked at her stitches, and said she looks great - everything is perfect. He gave the approval for her to sleep in a bed and that was enough to make my day! We meet back in 6 months. Can't believe we are almost off the downward slope of this huge mountain! It really did go by very fast. And she looks and is doing amazing!
Thanks to all the help of our mothers, our house has been caught up on laundry, cleaning and organization. Thanks Kathi and Karen! Since my mom has left I had decided that I was not going to let things get out of control again and that I needed a system.
What it takes to keep my house clean on a daily basis:
- start laundry first thing in the morning and do at least 2 loads a day -and put them away immediately
- Do sweeps of the house to make sure things are picked up and cleaned - once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once before bed
- constantly pick up anything and put away right then and there - no procrastinating.
- make kids make their beds everyday
- make my own bed everyday
- clean up meals right after no matter what
- wipe down bathrooms everyday
- everyday have a specific additional cleaning project - for example - Tuesday's are my deep cleaning the bathrooms,
- vacuum once a day - at the very least every other day
- pick up baby toys when she takes a nap
In addition I have started to try to implement exercising everyday. Also have designated days for bills, blogging etc. My goal is to keep up the house, laundry, and exerciseing everyday for 20 days. Isn't that how long they say it takes to establish a habit?
I am on day 6 and have so far followed through with everything. I feel great! The house looks great! I feel like I have more time to play with the kids and I don't feel like I should be doing something else. It's amazing! It finally seems clear to me what I need to do everyday to keep things up. I don't know why it has taken me so long to come to this - oh well, better late than never.
Here is to me continuing to fulfill my goal of 20 days straight of keeping the house up and to continue with exercising and losing weight!
I hope I can do it...