Sunday, March 1, 2009

Saturday

Today we ventured out. I would not have guessed that only days after getting out of the hospital and a little over a weak after her surgery would we be taking her anywhere. We decided to drop by grandmas for a short visit and stop by 1 or 2 stores at the outlets on the way home. Our friend from church, Emily, was so wonderful as to offer to have the kids over for a few hours. We dropped them off on the way out and she took them home. She also left a meal for us! Thanks Emily! Emily and her family are new to our ward. It's so nice to have them, I'm excited to be able to get to know them. The kids said they had a blast!

The kids are doing well with Ady. They sometimes get a little crazy around her but overall they are careful. Elijah was acting strange, putting on his shirt backwards. He would not believe us that it should be the other way and refused to switch it. I think he has had the hardest time with this whole experience. He is the baby. He continues to be 3 and all that comes with it - troublesome threes. Sometimes... Wow... is all I can say. As they used to say with the diaper and potty training bit (you know - you never think they will be potty trained) - "they won't go to college wearing diapers", so I can be assured? He won't go to college crying whining, throwing tantrums, picky eater, and can't understand everything he says. Here's to hoping...

Caleb is continuing to do very well in school and is excelling in reading. He was last tested at a third grade level but I think can read even beyond that. Last night we put the boys to bed and 3 hours later at like 1030pm Caleb comes out with his book in his hand (Captain underpants 2) and says "finished". I was surprised, mainly because I didn't even know he was a wake! He had read almost all of it in 3 hours. A few weeks ago he finished Tom Sawyer and I believe now he is starting Journey to the Center of the Earth. It's nice to see he like to read. I hope he keeps it up.

Loryn is growing up fast. Physically I swear she has grown a few inches. She looks like a young girl, not a "little" girl, and definitely not toddler anymore. Where does the time go? She is doing better with learning her letters and numbers and continues to surprise me with her humor. She continues to be the sweetest person, so considerate and empathetic, and just a little mommy. She was disturbed the most with Ady in the hospital. She told me earlier today. She wants to be a mommy. Maybe I am not too bad of a job, or at least not scaring them about the role.

Adyson continues to wave at everyone, and I swear she is saying hi, just no perfectly. She doesn't have much patience but has more times than not that she is happy and playing nicely.

I just can't wait until she can sleep in her own bed again...



Sunday

Last night was a little rough. Loryn's tummy hurt even before bed and she ended up waking up screaming and crying about it at night. Of course I had only had Ady down for a little bit and was extremely tired! I think she had gas pains. We tried to get her to go potty but it wasn't happening. Poor girl finally got her back to sleep and then Elijah wakes up barges in my room and says he's scared. You know who wakes up and added to the whole excitement of the night. I think they plan these things. They have meetings before bed and decide who is going to wake up this night and what there going to do.

Today I cleaned all morning, Kathi helped me keep the laundry up. She is laundry Queen - I don't know how she does it! My mom, grandma, brother, Chris, and his wife Aimee where coming over to drop my mom, Karen off. She is taking over this week to help out with Ady and the kids. Don't we have wonderful moms! Kathi is leaving today to go home. I am sure she is very excited to sleep in her own bed and not have screaming children running around. Her vacation can finally start! LOL To be serious - Kathi - Thanks! I don't know what we would have done without you and all your help. It is not easy jumping in and taking care of 3 children. She did a great job and was a welcomed support. How do I ever repay...

No comments: