Friday, February 29, 2008

I think I can, I think I can ...













Well a few weeks ago I decided I was going to learn how to install chair molding. It took a little bit of trial and error and a bit of getting over my fear of using a miter saw but I finally figured it out. We decided to paint the bottom half a brown color and one wall in the living room. We painted the entryway bottom half white. Anyway, it took a lot of work and I was exhausted trying to finish. We still have to put another coat of white on the entryway, and I also have picture box molding to put in the entryway I am waiting to cut and install. Overall I think the walls look better if at the very least cleaner. We had flat paint before and that was a mess!

My project was complete and Caleb's project to learn how to walk with crutches began. He is doing very well now. He moves fast on the crutches and can go up and down the stairs all by himself. He even slides down the hall fast if he doesn't have his crutches. Ben calls him lizard boy. Just 3 more weeks and the cast might be able to come off.

Elijah is talking a lot. We can't understand all of it but he is definitely saying words and he knows what he is saying. He is happy to have Caleb back in his room. He had trouble sleeping when Caleb was sleeping in our room. Now all is back to normal and no more fights to go to bed or constant waking up at night. Amazing what children get used to and what is comfortable to them.

Loryn is still same old Loryn, into dressing up, baby dolls, and pretending. She lives in her pajamas. She'll come home from school and before she is up the stairs her clothes her off and she is headed to her room to find some pajamas. I guess it is more comfortable. She has added a lot of whining and not listening lately. Going through another phase of testing mom. Here she is with swim glasses on. She came up to me and says "mommy I'm swimming, I'm swimming". Gotta love her!

The latest trial for me is keeping the kids out of the fridge. They go through gogurts (which are yogurts in a tube) so fast. I fixed the lock on the fridge but the only one that keeps out is Elijah. I learned that today as I went downstairs and found 6 empty gogurts on the floor. I am contemplating drilling in a lock with a key.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute Miss Loryn!!! Caleb you look like you've got the whole crutch thing mastered !!! Elijah's just cute! The paint and chair rails look great! I'm so proud of all of you!!
Love you Gramma

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

It really does look so good Lis! Way to go, I'm totally impressed.

Glad Caleb's figured out the crutches, we knew it wouldn't take long...

Sure love you all and can't wait to see you... soon...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.