Saturday, April 12, 2008

Caleb's 1st Grade Openhouse

Thursday
Thursday night Caleb had his open house for next year 1st graders. It was not much of anything but he was excited to see the 1st grade classroom. We had a quick PTA meeting, then was given a handout and a teacher went over what to expect for next year. It was good to know it and it will help me to know what things I can have Caleb work on this summer. Gotta keep his brain sharp. Although he does his daily "brain exercises" using that Brain Age game on his Nintendo DS. Ben and I like to do it too. He does a good job and is learning a lot. It has a lot of memory things, reading, math, etc, for all those who are unfamiliar. You can test your Brain's age as well. Ben and I compete with who has the youngest brain all the time.

Elijah thought he would run laps as we were trying to listen to the teacher. And then when we went to check out the classroom, I turned my back for a minute and he was gone. I couldn't see him in the classroom, so headed out quickly down the halls to look for him. I was on the verge of panic when I found him running back toward me coming from another wing of the school. That little bugger is fast and he sure did scare me! Too many news stories and movies put awful thoughts in your head when it comes to things like that.

Sure enough we headed home right after that. We were through with handling Elijah. I think Caleb was a little disappointed by not being aloud to see more first grade classrooms, as they only had one opened to look at, but overall I think he enjoyed seeing some of his friends.

Friday
I attempted to fold and put away the mountain of laundry that was on the couch. I did end up getting that done and lay down for about 10 minutes. I pushed the time for when we had to leave to pick up Caleb and regretted it the moment I got in the car and remembered that I was on empty. I had to rush to the gas station first, because I was afraid of running out of gas while I waited for Caleb, then rush back to get in line in time to pick him up. I made it just in time and everything worked out.

Date Night
Our friends Marci and Derek, invited us to go out to celebrate my birthday, and of course we were not going to pass on fun like that. It was rushed getting ready but left in time to meet at their house where the babysitter was waiting and ready for us to run away on a adult night out. Marci and Derek have 3 kids of their own, two of which are the same age as Caleb and Loryn. We had a great time. We went to Ichiban's for sushi, then went to see a movie. It was a nice break and we had a great time which we always do when we go out with Marci and Derek. They are one of our best friends here. Marci has been invited to help us out with our birth. I look forward to her being there with us during that special time.

No comments: