Thursday, April 10, 2008

What are you talking about 30, I am turning 29... again!

I have decided that I am ready to stop aging. I feel like my 20's flew by and the whole time I was pregnant. I sometimes get caught up in envying my friends who are childless and hearing about all their adventures they describe to me of going here or there. I never even had a honey moon. Maybe someday I will have my day to travel and experience more to life than laundry and diapers.

So 30 it is. What does that mean anymore? I've heard it it the new 20. Maybe if I was rich, had a trainer, and could go and do whatever I wanted. To most people 30 is entering the phase of kids, ones in school, working hard to get by, trying to save money, and pray that every once in a while at least you can afford to go out to dinner with just the two of you or with some friends. Don't get me wrong, I love my life, and would never trade it for the world. My children are my treasures, and after all this contemplating and thinking, I wonder who do I really want to celebrate my birthday with; one thing came to mind. I want to be with my family, kids included. So that is just what we did. We went to P.F. Changs, one of my favorites, including Caleb's favorite place and had a really great time. The kids were great, other than a few bathroom breaks and bumped heads when a certain 2 year old tried to escape the booth.

So I am trying to accept the big 30 as the beginning to a wonderful new adventure full of promise, love, happiness, and excitement. I was definitely spoiled by all of you. Thank you for the gifts. I almost feel too old to be getting gifts. The roses are from my mom and her husband, Thanks Mom and Bob! I always love getting flowers and they are sooo pretty.

No comments: