Sunday, April 27, 2008

Progressing...

Well, last Thursday I saw Debi, my midwife and she checked me again. With my other kids I never had them check. How many cm dilated you are doesn't tell you when you will go into labor. The one thing it can tell you is how fast labor may go once you do go into labor. And having a home birth it is to Debi's advantage to have an idea so she knows how quickly she needs to get to me.

Thursday I was dilated to a 2, 80% effaced, and VERY soft. 10 days before I was firm and only a 1, so there is some work going on. Yesterday I lost my mucous plug and today I am feeling a little icky and keep having horrible hot flashes. Who knows when labor will eventually start. My body is definitely getting ready but it could still be awhile.

Saturday we had a neighborhood garage sell. I made a whopping $22! I am not sure it was worth it but at least I tried to make some money off our junk before giving it all away. I am sick of stuff. You have to take care of it and I could use a lot of minimizing in my life at the moment.

This week will start the first week I stop watching my neighbors little girl Emma. She is the 4 year old. I may still be watching the other neighbor but her mom is on call so I know she will be here quick to take Emily and has lots of family as well that can come get her quickly. I couldn't guarantee that Emma could do the same. I will still take her to school as long as I am taking Loryn.

Garage sell is over, baby stuff is ready, office stuff cleaned up, laundry caught up. I am officially ready. I just have to keep the house picked up and stay rested. I am actually looking forward to this week now.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey Lisa! Just getting caught up on your blog. I'm glad to hear the contractions are under control. I'm sure Kelsi will let me know when your new little angel girl arrives. I'll be thinking of you and praying for a manageable labor and delivery.
Happy Birthday too!