Monday, April 28, 2008

House Blessing Day

I took Caleb to the Chiropractor this morning to get his leg looked at. I had to bring Emma, Loryn, Elijah as well. I wanted to go early enough to bring the girls to preschool right after the appointment. Caleb's leg is all aligned correctly. He is actually starting to walk straighter on it now and is starting to run on it. Nothing stops these kids.

Elijah and I went home after dropping the girls off and Caleb off at school. I felt so tired that we just hung out in the morning then took naps. Both of us didn't want to get up to go get Loryn later on, but we dragged ourselves out of bed and picked her up. Mommy felt like an ice cream so we went to Sonic and got each of us one. The kids really loved that!

I spent the rest of the afternoon on a major house cleaning spree. I don't know if I am nesting or what but I felt the need to have the house spotless. I cleaned the bathrooms down to using the toothbrush and all, swept and mopped all floors, cleaned kitchen, vaccumed etc. Tomorrow I plan on finishing some laundry and putting the crib together as well as cleaning the kids rooms. I keep getting the house to the point where I say, "ok, now I can go into labor, the house is clean, we have food, and I am not tired". But she isn't ready. Not yet. I continue having contractions here and there, and the last two nights have had them every ten minutes or so but they have not been very strong. They stop during the night, and a new day begins with no baby. I really still have awhile just under 2 weeks but here's to hoping. Sunday I had a lot of hot flashes and felt a little nausea. It is all part of the hormones at work. I can say I have had a glimpse of what menopause will be like. We will just say I am not looking forward to it. Well I need to get to bed. Tired after all that cleaning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't do too much and get yourself all worn out, Adyson will then decide to make her enterance!!!
Love you
Kathi

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

she'll be here before you know it... but i know how you feel. i'd get the house ready- cleaned and stocked with food- and then a week would go by, the fridge would be empty and we'd have to go shopping AGAIN! it got a little frustrating, but of course, it's all worth it once they actually do get here! it all goes by too fast, enjoy every minute! seriously.